Hurrah for Cara!

Cara’s debut Regency, MY LADY GAMESTER, has just been named a finalist in not one, but two contests:

• Holt Medallion for Best Regency of the Year

About Elena Greene

Elena Greene grew up reading anything she could lay her hands on, including her mother's Georgette Heyer novels. She also enjoyed writing but decided to pursue a more practical career in software engineering. Fate intervened when she was sent on a three year international assignment to England, where she was inspired to start writing romances set in the Regency. Her books have won the National Readers' Choice Award, the Desert Rose Golden Quill and the Colorado Romance Writers' Award of Excellence. Her Super Regency, LADY DEARING'S MASQUERADE, won RT Book Club's award for Best Regency Romance of 2005 and made the Kindle Top 100 list in 2011. When not writing, Elena enjoys swimming, cooking, meditation, playing the piano, volunteer work and craft projects. She lives in upstate New York with her two daughters and more yarn, wire and beads than she would like to admit.
This entry was posted in Risky Book Talk and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Hurrah for Cara!

1. Amanda says:

Right on, Cara! Such a great book!
    Big congrats!

2. Santa says:

Brava, Cara!!

3. Cara King says:

Thanks, Mandacoll! Thanks, Santa!

4. Todd says:

WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL! ALL RIGHT!

Whoops, sorry, my caps lock key was down. Well done. Jolly good show. Pip pip!

Todd-who-is-just-this-guy-you-know

5. Todd says:

I would like to apologize for the frivolous tone of my previous comment, but I am

JUST SO DARNED EXCITED!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!

Ahem. Excuse me. Won’t happen again.

Todd-who-feels-better-now

6. Oh, gosh, Cara, I thought I’d commented, and now see I hadn’t. And now Todd stole all my capital thunder.

but–CONGRATULATIONS!

7. Cara King says:

Thanks, Megan! Thanks, Todd! BTW, Todd, what does “pip pip” actually mean??? Is it some sort of Dickens reference??? ๐Ÿ™‚

BTW, Megan, did I ever mention you have ruined me for all other women named Megan? Now I pronounce them all “Meegan!” You have a lot to answer for! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cara (secure in her title of smiley queen)
    (er, king)

8. Cara:

Heh, heh. I do that to a lot of people. Sometimes it helps being such an annoying person.

I still have problems pronouncing Elena’s name, actually. And she just doesn’t respond as well to ‘hey, you,’ unless I’m asking her if she wants some ale.

9. Elena Greene says:

No worries, Megan. Best I can represent it is eh-LAY-nuh. But I’m used to answering to just about anything close. Actually I will often answer to “hey you” unless I’m lost in thought or in sensory overload (which happens sometimes at bars or parties), in which case even offers of ale may not be enough. Just whap me over the head–but not too hard.

Elena ๐Ÿ™‚