Uncategorized

Giving Thanks

Today is the Official Start of the Holiday Season. If you’re like me (and honestly, I hope for your psyche’s sake you’re not), you’re wishing various members of your family would just shut up. Thanksgiving? I’m giving thanks I don’t see you except once a year*.

But I digress.

The Holiday Season is where we name our favorite things:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings

Uh, for me, not so much.

I am grateful for (in no particular order):

1. My Risky Regency Friends, both my fellow posters and our lovely community.
2. Clive Owen

25. The Partner-in-Crime
26. The Faux Critique Partner
27. Greek Yogurt
28. Lee Child
29. Elsa Schiaparelli
30. The Scent of Grapefruit

I could go on and on (and have!); what are you grateful for this Holiday Season?

Megan
*I am not normally this bitter, but geez, can’t we have some interesting conversation? Plus I woke up too early to get here, so I’m crabby. I promise I am on my best behavior in public, it’s just inside my head I am this snarly.

I’m thankful for Project Runway! And pie. And Tylenol for the day-after-Thanksgiving. And my “Ella Fitzgerald Wishes You a Swinging Christmas” CD (which I’m listening to right now). And Risky Regencies (both the blog and the books!)

Lois

Alas, nothing all that interesting here, so interesting conversation, probably not from me. LOL 🙂 But add to the list, leftovers (’cause I love them) and an I Love Lucy marathon on tvland! 🙂

Lois

I’m much less crabby today–loving Project Runway, pie, that Ella CD (yes, Amanda, I’ll send you a XMAS comp if you want).

Lois, I bet you have plenty of interesting conversation! It’s just my husband’s family that’s driving me bananas.

I just had leftovers. Yum.

I’m grateful for (in no particular order) the Riskies, Gerard Butler and his new movie PS I Love You, coming Dec 21, my family who are all reasonably healthy, having the basics of life, my friends, my writing career….so many things.

I really have a happy life and I am very grateful for it.

But…I have no leftovers, the down side to eating at my sister-in-law’s house with hungry young men –my two nephews and my son–they got the leftovers.

doglady

I am thankful for days off from work because I get to write all day. I am grateful for great blogs like this one where I can converse with so many fabulous writers and readers. I am grateful I won the Wet Noodle Posse critique by the Divine Ms. Gaston because it helped me to polish my GH entry!! I am grateful for my memories of my DH, my true knight in shining armor. I am grateful for all of the fabulous romance writers who keep me from going NUTS!!! I am grateful for music, autumn leaves, puppy kisses, grumpy old dogs and cats with absolutely no purpose in life but to keep my feet warm!

“(’cause I love them) and an I Love Lucy marathon on tvland! :)”

I missed an I Love Lucy marathon! Ack! It’s probably all for the best, though–I would have just sat around in my pajamas and done nothing but watch all day. 🙂

Santa

I am ever thankful for all the marvelous writers I’ve come to know this past year – both published and unpublished.

I am ever grateful for Christmas Regency anthologies and books.

I am ever grateful for my family and friends both near and far.

My only regret this year is that I missed the ‘I Love Lucy’ marathon which most certainly merits pajama day status.

Doglady, you make me smile every time you call me The Divine Ms. Gaston.

This has been a wonderful year for making new friends…all our new riskie friends, Lois, Santa, doglady, Janegeorge, susan, Keira–oh, I know I’m forgetting someone. You’ve all made this blog a community.

I, too, am grateful for all the folks who hang out here at Risky Regencies… (Who either appreciate my weird sense of humor, or are kind enough to pretend to!)

And for Pushing Daisies, and James McAvoy and Russell Crowe, and music from the Beatles and Bowie and Genesis and Thomas Dolby…

And for modern plumbing and sunshine and pumpkin pie…

Sean Bean, chocolate, DSW, just to name a few. And the Riskies, of course. 🙂

robynl

I am grateful for: add to list:
leftovers
vanilla candles
my puppy wuppy
highliters
anything cinnamon

Todd

I am thankful for my beautiful wife, and the rest of our families; for work that I love; for a few days off from the aforementioned work that I love; for many, many (too many!) wonderful books to read; for SF conventions filled with bizarre and brilliant people; and for the whole Risky Regencies online community, which welcomes me and tolerates my silly comments.

Todd-who-is-thankful-that-his-wrists-didn’t-give-out-in-typing-this-list