Uncategorized

Obligatory Hot Guy Post

Through the miracle of modern technology, I am actually writing this on Thursday, Valentine’s Day. And, because I am an admittedly gooey person, I like the holiday because it gives me the opportunity to demonstrate my gooeyness in wearing hearts, red, more hearts, some pink–you get the picture.

And speaking of pictures (nice segue, huh?), what better way to start off your post-Valentine’s Day year than with some eye candy? Who’d you like as YOUR Valentine for 2009 (it’s never too early to start planning!)? Please list your favorite in comments, or offer up another suggestion–with apologies to Janet, who probably despises this kind of post:

AndreaW

Yummy post, Megan! Thanks so much for including my favorite: Christian Bale!

~Andrea

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon

Can I have all of them? one for each day of the month and then rotate again? That way I won’t get bored.

Maybe Elizabeth and I could trade off rotating days? 🙂 Just add in James McAvoy, and you’ve got a perfect line-up there!

And I would LOVE to see you with a sweater decorated with pink and red hearts, Megan! That would be something unexpected. 🙂

I think you missed Matthew McFadyen of the Mist–so I’m taking him, thank you very much!

doglady

Hold on there, Elena! Matthew MacF is MINE!!! I MIGHT be persuaded to share!

Thank you, Megan for brightening my morning before I have to go to work. What a LOVELY collection. I cannot even pick a favorite. We definitely need to come up with a rotation plan, ladies!

Myretta

You’re missing Alan Rickman.

“Hold on there, Elena! Matthew MacF is MINE!!!”

NO, he’s mine!!! (wow, I’m very greedy today…)

Claudia Dain

Too many to choose from! I kept scrolling down and thinking, “Oh, Clive Owen, no contest. Wait, Daniel Craig. Wait, wait, Viggo!!! Viggo, my love! Wait!! Orlando!”

I’m thinking I’ve been the victim of some savage post Valentine’s hoax.

That’s it, right, Megan?

meljean brook

I’ve got Wentworth as the pic for my WIP. I don’t know anything about him and I’ve never seen his show — but I LOVE that shaved head 😀

Melissa Marsh

You have every single man on my list here, especially Daniel Craig. Ohhh, if that man ever showed up on my doorstep, my husband would have a run for his money!

Deb Marlowe

Ahh, Megan, something for everyone! You are a generous soul!

Happy post Vday to us!

Hands off Matthew–I called him first and I’ve been sick so I deserve a treat. While I’m at it, I’ll claim Jeremy Northam too.

Susan Wilbanks

I call Sean Bean!

As for men not on your list, for my WIP models I’m using Nathan Fillion, Christopher Eccleston, and Alexis Denisof (the Firefly, Doctor Who, and Angel versions respectively). And, in honor of Spring Training, I have to say how much I’m looking forward to Ichiro Suzuki coming back to my local ballpark and TV screen.

Hmm, who else? I could watch Anthony Bourdain and Stephen Colbert’s shows all day, and while I feel vaguely naughty and frivolous for saying this about a presidential candidate, Barack Obama is a very handsome man.

Georgie Lee

You started with my favorite hunk, Clive Owen!!! I have two posters of him in my office. I have sat through some pretty questionable movies just to admire him.

Thanks for the Friday yummy fun!

Okay, Megan, I’ll forgive you for putting Gerard Butler so far down the list…just barely forgive you, though.

But, seriously, ladies, what is the appeal of Brad Pitt? I have never understood why he’d make anybody’s hunky males list. And I would have said this even before Angelina Jolie. I just can’t see it. Never could. Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy????hahahahahaha.

Diane, I know what you mean. Brad is very pretty to look at and yet he doesn’t do as much for me as guys who come across as either more rugged or more intellectual.

Ladies:

I tried to find a good pic of Matthew Mac, but I couldn’t get one I hadn’t used before.

Meljean, I’ve never seen his show either! But man, is he hawt!

Alan Rickman, yup, missed him.

And Claudia, yes, a deliciously, delightful Valentine’s hoax. Makes life worth living, right?

And Diane, no ranking was implied in order of placement–just what I posted at what time.

I find Brad Pitt so much hotter now that he’s a devoted dad. I never used to.

You expect me to believe that when CLIVE OWEN is first???????????

I find Brad Pitt so much hotter now that he’s a devoted dad. I never used to.

I think it is nice that he is a devoted dad and that he has a social conscience, but hot? Not in my book. He’s way too pretty and I just can’t get over that. The photo you include even has a silly face.

Now Gerry Butler……..sigh!!!!!

Jane

Christian Bale is my favorite too. I can’t wait for the new Batman to come out.

“just can’t see it. Never could. Brad Pitt as Achilles in Troy????”

LOL! This is true–when he tried to be all intense and heroic, he came off looking constipated. That movie would have been better with less Pitt more Bana. Or maybe not. It was kind of a stinker anyway. 🙂

Hey, maybe we SHOULD add Eric Bana to this list…

Susan/DC
Susan/DC

Nobody ever includes Simon Baker, but he has the most beautiful eyes. His (relatively) short-lived TV series, “The Guardian”, had some beautiful, intense, and romantic moments — I even liked the Jakob Dylan theme song. But what can I say about the photos other than any day that includes a picture of Sean Bean is a good one. Thank you.

Diane, Clive is always #1; the rest are in any order.

But your point is taken.

janegeorge

Nice list, although like Diane I’ve never understood the Brad Pitt thing.

My personal list includes Alan Rickman, James McAvoy(looking forward to PENELOPE!), Edward Norton, Don Cheadle, and Aidan Gillen.

Oddly enough, Troy was one of the few things I did find Brad Pitt particularly nice in. 🙂

Diane, I think you’ve sussed out Megan’s scheme. Clive Owen ain’t first by accident. (Megan, your justification was suspiciously evasive!)

I will now admit ignorance: who’s guy #2? (White shirt, next to Daniel Craig?) I feel like I should know him, but I can’t quite place him…

Susan Wilbanks, I think I watch the same shows you do! BTW, way to go in listing Alexis Denisof — not everyone’s cup of tea, but I do think Wesley transformed over time from super-annoying idiot to a surprisingly attractive character… 🙂

I guess my list would include (at the moment) James McAvoy and David Tennant. (I’ve been watching Doctor Who recently!) And if we can choose the role (Susan Wilbanks did!) then Jeremy Northam as Knightley, and Ciaran Hinds as Wentworth.

And just for pure eye candy, Jason Momoa of Stargate Atlantis (he’s the guy on the right.)

janegeorge

Cara, Jason Momoa’s definitely got an intriguing sci-fi/neo-pagan look going on.

Ciaran Hinds as Wentworth is good, Ciaran Hinds as the evil Templar, Sir Brian du Bois-Guilbert, is even better! Oof!

Santa

I’d just like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for starting and ending that post with two of my all time favorites, not to mention the hotties peppered throughout.

You’ve made an otherwise crappy day a little more sunshiney. (Yes, I used sunshiney and probably spelled it wrong but there it is. I prefer to think of it as an exercise in writing in the vernacular;)

Susan Wilbanks

Here’s the Denisof image I used for a collage of my WIP. He’s got the perfect refined yet dangerous look for my protagonist.

Nice, Susan!

Ciaran Hinds as the evil Templar, Sir Brian du Bois-Guilbert, is even better!

Still haven’t seen that one!

Cara (hoping for a sunshiney day…) 🙂

I’m late here to post. Have you left any guys for meeeeeeee?????

Now let me read the comments to see whom I’ll have to duel for the pleasure of having Richard Armitage.

AHAHAHA!!! No one has a prior claim on him. So c’mere Richard and let me whisk you off to a super seckret all-inclusive resort. Just bring your passport along. There won’t be, ahem, any need for clothes. Ahem, ahem.

Kristie (J)

A mighty fine list there – well I don’t get the guy from Prison Break or Colin Firth – but all the others I can get on board with – specially Richard Armitage!