Good News! (for me, at least)

Hey! It’s another solipsistic post from Megan! What else is new?

Anyway. Ahem. A few weeks ago, I posted the first few paragraphs of Road to Passion, my Regency-set historical about an opium-addicted Marquess and an illegitimate vicar’s daughter.

A few weekends ago, I pitched same to an agent at the fine New England Conference.

I just accepted an offer of representation from said agent, who will be sending RTP out just as soon as I do a few minor revisions. So maybe you guys will get to read the rest, eventually.

This also means I have to get off my butt and write. Road to Desire, to be exact.

How do you celebrate good news? Shopping? Champagne? A well-deserved nap?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Good News! (for me, at least)

1. andrea pickens says:

Woo-hoo, Megan! What wonderful news. Do all the forementioned. Plus jumping up and down on the roof and shouting up at the heavens. Swiss chocolate also works for me. Lots of it.

Can’t wait to read the book.

2. Kerry says:

Dude. Will totally read that book for illegitimacy and opium addiction. Who wouldn’t? So get cracking! And congratulations!

3. Champagne, caviar, lobster, and a pair of Christian Louboutins would be my recipe. Oh and hot bubble bath with someone of the male persuasion.

4. Deb Marlowe says:

Yay Megan! I’m so thrilled for you! And for us–I can’t wait to read it!

I usually go out to dinner with the family to celebrate. Not very exciting, but what can you do?

Tell us what YOU are doing to celebrate? Besides writing like a demon?

5. Megan, I’m thrilled for you! What wonderful news–it’s quite made my day!

How do I celebrate? eBay.

6. Yay Megan!!! I wish I was still visiting there so we could go out for champagne. I’ll just have to raise a glass here, I guess. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Elena Greene says:

Congrats, Megan! Can’t wait to read these books.

I like celebrating writing achievements with local writing buddies. Depending on what it is it could be chocolate, a meal or an excursion to the nearest city that has a DSW.

8. Congratulations, Megan!

9. Diane Gaston says:

I’m at WRW’s Retreat, but just had to say, YAY, MEGAN!!!!!!!!!

10. Erastes says:

Congratulations Megan!

When I make a novel sale I get very drunk on champagne. It was a tradition I started right from the first!

11. Cara King says:

Yay, Megan! Really looking forward to reading that novel — hopefully soon! I loved the beginning.

How do I celebrate? Wine gives me migraines, so when there’s something to celebrate Todd and I resolve to toast with Martinelli’s, and then we forget. ๐Ÿ˜‰

12. Thanks for the congrats, all! I am lucky enough to have my son staying at my in-laws, so tonight I can go out and have some champagne or something.

Yay! I’m still smiling.

13. doglady says:

YAY MEGAN!!!! Uhm. I vote for Elizabeth’s celebration suggestions! A girl after my own heart! Good food, fabulous shoes and a handsome guy, sans apparel with bubble accessories! What’s not to LOVE???

As I don’t drink I usually celebrate with lots of chocolate and sparkling grape juice. Tame, I know!

I buy antique tea cups to commemorate my finalist in contests. My Mom bought a Royal Doulton Mandalay tea cup for my GH final!

14. janegeorge says:

Of course the agent loved it, it was fabulous!

Can’t wait to read it.

15. limecello says:

Congratulations, Megan – that’s terrific!
    As to celebrating… generally, calling a few close friends and letting them know. Maybe indulging in chocolate or a dessert – maybe a meal out. However recently… nothing :P. I kept “good news” to myself to prevent the drama I knew would ensue.

16. Santa says:

I AM SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I’ve been dyin’ for more from you and that was even before I got to meet you!

Mazel Tov, Auguri and Congratulations, darlin’!

How do I celebrate? Let me count the ways….a weekend at a spa that features a four star restaurant where the chef comes out and chats you up during your meal and sets out a port tasting with some Hombolt Fog cheese with pears, figs and dark chocolate at the end!

17. Wonderful news! Congratulations, Megan. Best of luck with the submissions process. Your book sounds very intriguing.

18. Todd says:

Congratulations, Megan! One of my collaborators and I used to always say “Champagne!” whenever we got a paper published. But I think we never got around to actually drinking it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Todd-who-hic-rarely-drinks-hic