Risky Regencies

Diane in San Francisco

I’m in San Francisco!
I flew in yesterday and my travel was about as problem-free as you could expect. Then my niece Leila, who lives here, came to take me on the town. We walked from the hotel to Pier 39 for dinner, stopping at a Craft Fair on the way and lots of little shops. Then we went on the Alcatraz night tour and received real VIP treatment, because Leila works there. We went on a special private tour of Alcatraz, including the hospital wing where the movie, The Rock, was filmed, and underground, where the foundation for the original Civil War era fort can still be seen.

While we were on the boat I heard, “Diane!” It was Lori Wilde, who writes for Blaze and Grand Central. She and her husband joined our little private tour of Alcatraz.

Some pics:
Entrance to Alcatraz

Diane and Leila

Lori Wilde and Bill

Lori and Diane in jail

Today Leila and I will explore the city and ride cable cars. And tomorrow Keira and I will do our own tour of San Francisco, meeting up with Amanda and later with Deb Marlowe, Michelle Willingham and a bunch of others to end our day at O’Neills Irish Pub.

I wish you were all here, but I’ll take comfort in knowing all the Riskies will be together and we’ll see many of our Risky friends at our ‘breakfast’ at the RWA conference. More about that next Monday…..

I always knew a troublemaker like you would end up in Alcatraz, Diane! 🙂 See you tomorrow

Can’t wait!

Inquiring minds want to know exactly what Lori and the Divine One did to merit being tossed in gaoul! Sounds like your trip is off to a fabulous start! How is the weather? It is 100 degrees in Bama right now! OUCH!! I fly out tomorrow! I am SO excited! Until I realize my suitcase is not packed and I need to hem a pair of slacks and …. WHAT am I doing here? Procrastinating and checking on some of my favorite people – that’s what! AND enjoying NOT going to work and spending time with my fur babies before I leave! See everyone soon!

Elizabeth Kerri Mahon

See you in San Francisco!

Michelle Willingham

Can’t wait to get there tomorrow! There’s a Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae with my name on it, so help me…. 🙂

Santa

You walked where Al Capone, the Birdman and Sean Connery walked? You lucky duck you!

I’ll traveling to SF tomorrow, er, later. I can’t wait. I’ll be visiting with relatives. Maybe we’ll end up at O’Neill’s. They promised to take good care of me and show me their hometown. I can’t wait.

See you at the breakfast!

The thing I ought to have told you is that it is chilly here. You need to dress for 55 to 60 degree weather or you’ll be purchasing a sweatshirt pretty quickly.

We shopped today. Leila and I both have the shopping bug and we went to Chinatown and got some treasures!!

janegeorge

Welcome to all incoming Riskies!
See you soon.

Todd

I will not be in San Francisco, alas! But on the other hand, at least I’ll be warm. 🙂

Todd-who-must-take-comfort-where-he-can