Uncategorized

Megan Meanders

Yay for us Riskies!

It’s been so much fun being here, it’s great to come geek out about the Regency, clothes, characters, books, books and writing.

But what I like most, most, most about our place is the diversity of opinions and visitors. Where else could you get Cara‘s Pope-ian twinings of Trek and Austen marching alongside Elena and Diane‘s fact-filled research posts as Amanda‘s equally fact-filled posts duke it out with her fashion obsessions, Janet poking massive fun at us all in her occasional skewers?

And that’s not even to mention the visitors here, all of whom have become personalities in their own right.

I don’t have that many favorite of my own posts–mostly, I’m horrified at how little I have to say, generally–but I did like the Dress For Success one, Accessible Beauty, Heroes, Death-Wish and my annoy-Janet tweak, Obligatory Hot Guy Post.

Comment on these, or anything you want, to be entered in to win a copy of my book, A Singular Lady, as well as a copy of the 1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue.

And thanks for sharing in our celebration!

Megan

Erastes

I thoroughly enjoy each and every post, even though I’m terribly slack about saying so.

Kwana

Happy anniversary! What a wonderful group you are. Love you all.

I reviewed your posts to make my selection of a favorite. Couldn’t decide!
Except that the Obligatory Hot Guy Post got a thorough thumbs down from me! You included Brad Pitt (yuk) and not Gerard Butler!
Which goes to show you that the Riskies are a diverse group of ladies!

Kammie

I think you have a lot to say and I enjoy your posts! 🙂 I often struggle with putting my thoughts to words….which is why I tend to lurk. I’m a much better reader.

Santa

Okay I vote for Obligatory Hot Guy Posting. What I say – I’m easy!

Lois

Oh heck, there’s nothing wrong with talking about heroes, superheroes, obligatory hotties and the entire group of all our favorite hotties and heroes! 🙂

Lois

janegeorge

Little to say? Piffle. Your Death-Wish post was one of the Riskiest, most thought-provoking of the year. And had some pretty Frisky pics, too. Plus, you’re a master of the earworm without even having to hum a tune!

Jane

Can’t go wrong with showing gratuitous photos of hot men.

Maureen

I enjoyed your posts, particularly the one about beauty. It makes you think about what you find beautiful.

I always like Hot Guy Posts. hey, it’s all research, tight? 🙂

THUNK! Clive Owen. Give me a minute. Okay, I’m back and have smelling salts and a drool cloth just in case. I feel your YUCK, O Divine One. Can’t stand Brad Pitt, HOWEVER, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of Megan’s Hot Guy Post. Any time someone niggles Janet is fun as she rises to the occasion so well! Luv ya, Janet!

Megan, I really enjoyed the Dress for Success post and the one about beauty as well. I am always intrigued by what people find beautiful. And the Death Wish post was one that got everyone thinking.

That is one of things I truly love about this group. We discuss everything from the sublime to the ridiculous and all points in between. And in today’s society that kind of talk can be …. well ….. RISKY!

Santa

I knew I forgot to mention what else I’d like to see in the coming year.

Richard Armitage in leather. It really works for him.

robynl

I really enjoyed the post on Accessible Beauty; it rings so true. An added bonus was the pictures.

Diane wrote: You included Brad Pitt (yuk) and not Gerard Butler!

Okay, now I’m confused — because I could have SWORN there was a pic of Gerard Butler there…

As for my fave Megan post, that would probably be either Dress for Success (what a complicated and confusing topic — military uniforms! — and I learned interesting stuff from the post), or Death Wish (an unusual and thought-provoking issue!)

Megan, I love all your posts and I’m always impressed by how clever you are even when you *claim* not to have much to say. There’s always something to amuse or amaze. And cool pics. 🙂

Haven Rich

I really liked the topic Accessible Beauty. The photos you added are amazing! And I love the one of the Duchess. And Grace Kelly is a timeless beauty! It’s no wonder stars today try to capture her elegance.

Cherie J

I loved the Dress for Success post. I thought it was an interesting topic.