Risky Resolutions!

I am not ashamed–and never have been (check last year for proof)–to admit that I make resolutions. Classic ones, even, like lose weight, exercise more, and stop drinking so much damn coffee.

Okay, that one is so not going to fly. But the losing weight and exercise, that I am going to do (really. I usually do follow through).

And, since I do make Resolutions, it might be a good time to see how I did. Let’s see . . . last year, I did lose weight (which I regained, but that just means a fresh Resolution for this year!), I did get an agent (!), although I haven’t sold any books yet. I have caught up on sleep, somewhat, and yes, I have been having more sex (not that you asked).

This year, in addition to the usual things, I resolve to write more productively, waste less time, be a better friend and stop worrying about how many books I’ve been able to read, because fewer books read means more book written–theoretically, at least.

Maybe you’ve shared your resolutions already (I’ve been sleeping, ‘member, so I haven’t spent enough time at the computer lately), but what do you look forward to in 2009?

Megan

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

janegeorge

I sit here with coffee in hand. (My mug looks like a cauldron with a handle, I got it at Target last Halloween. It holds a lot of coffee.)
I’m still on vacation, so coffee it is!

I have started my daily diet and exercise journal, though. Writing down yesterday’s movie popcorn and Coke Icee damage was an eye-opener. Speaking of eyes, we went to see Marley & Me. I felt like my tear ducts had been hijacked. ๐Ÿ™‚

Towanda on the Resolutions!!!

Having worked on four different stories since the demise of the Signet Regency line, I am now looking forward to finishing one by spring. ๐Ÿ™‚

My resolutions:
Lose weight (like last year)
Develop better work habits (like last year)
Exercise regularly (like last year)
Put all my books on Library Thing (so I can tell what I have and what I don’t!)

I always make the same resolutions, too. Go to yoga 3 times a week, every week. Eat better–more raw vegetables, fewer spoonfuls of Nutella. Write more (no slacking off!). And save more money.

There–now that I have said all that in public I have to keep to my resolutions! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m with you on the Library Thing resolution O Divine One. I have made a good start, but I have a long way to go before I get them all listed. The good news is my Regency Research books are all listed.

Definitely need to lose weight, exercise more and eat more sensibly. (Apparently canned chili is NOT in any of the major food groups. Who knew?)

Definitely write more and get on a regular writing schedule with self-imposed page counts and deadlines.

Stress less about the Wal-Mart job. It is just a temporary stop until I become published. I refuse to let it sap my soul or make me have a heart attack.

Get my nephew accepted into college, by hook or by crook.

Now that it is paid for, fix up this house one repair job at a time.

Manage my money better!

Greta
Greta

Oh, you’re all so inspiring! I LOVE resolutions!

The smart thing would be to resolve to gain weight, write less, and spend more $. Then when I break my resolutions I’ll be headed in the right direction!

But no. The mere thought makes me feel like I’m tempting fate, dancing on the edge of a cliff, & walking past sled dogs with food in my hand, all at once.

So instead I’ll make the Standard American Resolutions, Subspecies Homo Writerus. (Anyone with some Latin, feel free to fix that last bit.)

And I’m tagging on a bonus resolution: I’ll try to remember to take a multivitamin, every day.

(Louisa: I love your resolution not to stress out over the day job! Wonderful attitude.)

Megan, are we allowed to suggest blog topics?

Greta:

Yes! Suggest away!

Thanks for resolving along with me today, guys.

Greta, PLEASE suggest blog topics. We are very interested in what our readers want to hear about.

I’m never that big on New Year’s resolutions, as they tend just to make me feel guilty when I don’t keep them.

So here are some easy ones:

1) regularly pet the cats and ask them “how did you get to be so cute?”

2) just as regularly, ask Todd “why are the cats so evil? why do they have to wreck all my stuff?”

3) at least once a week, tell a cat “don’t eat my book.”

4) eat out a lot…