Aagh!

How sad is it that I went to title this post, only to discover that I had already titled a post “Aagh!”

But here it is.

I am way behind on my freelance work, sprinting to catch up, which reminds me of the running classes I’ve just started taking. And, to get faster, we do sprints–we run all out for 100 meters, do 12 of them with short intervals inbetween, and try to keep the time consistent.

I am consistent, but today I am sprinting. Hence the disjointed and short post.

But I am doing short bursts of writing–and reading, thanks to various subway rides–and know that I will get to the end, eventually. And maybe be a little faster because of the work I’ve put in on the way.

So–forgive my sprinting past today, and know it is all for the greater good. Plus, I’m putting in some fun pix to distract you.

Megan, off to run again

PS: Anyone seeing Duplicity this weekend? Report back, please!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

janegeorge

Yes, if anyone sees Duplicity please report back. I have high hopes that Julia turns in a great performance and kicks Hollywood in its ageist a##.

M.
M.

during the trailer for Duplicity I said to my DH,’Clive Owen looks odd. What is it?’ Then I figured it out: he was laughing. I think that’s the first time I’ve ever seen him do that. He broods so well.

MARIA GRAZIA

What do I see in this post? Distracted, indeed! My beloved RA/Mr Thornton! I sympathize with you and your sprinting around, it’s the “rhythm of life”. Have a nice weekend … anyhow.

M., I thought the same thing!

janegeorge, I think it’s very cool that Julia is playing an age-appropriate part opposite an age-appropriate guy. Not a big fan of hers, but I like the idea.

Maria Graza! I know, how delish is he? I love that reclining on the couch pic.

janegeorge

I’ve never been a fan of Julia’s but I’m hoping that her time away from the public will allow her to finally open up and be vulnerable on screen. Plus, if box office rocks, then maybe Hollywood execs will get a clue. 🙂

Happy sprinting!

I like that Clive gets these good parts. I heard a very very good review of the movie today.

I guess sprinting explains why you neglected to put a Gerard Butler photo up. Sigh!
I forgive you….

Diane:

Purely an oversight, I assure you.

Did you see and/or like RockNRolla, btw? I had it, but had to return it before seeing. Wondering if I should get it again; I like Guy Ritchie, and of course enjoy the Fine Work of Mr. Butler.

Yes, please anyone who sees Duplicity let us know. I LOVE Clive Owen, not so much Julia.

And Megan you can sprint by any time if you leave such lovely gifts! Richard Armitage can recline on my sofa ANYTIME!

Did you see and/or like RockNRolla, btw?

Noooooo, I never saw it! I think it may not have even come here or if it did it was a brief run. I don’t rent movies so I’m waiting for it to appear on cable.

It is not exactly my type of movie..

The only time I’ve seen La Roberts squeeze out any sort of performance was the other time she was in a movie with Clive Owens, the name of which I’ve forgotten but it used some heartbreakingly beautiful music from Cos fan tutte.

You know what I mean. It’s late. I’m tired. I think this movie will be good–got a great review in the Wash Post today.

Janet, it was Closer, and Clive gave a tremendous performance:

[NSFW!]

“Thank you for your honesty. Now fuck off and die, you fucked up slag.”

I couldn’t forget it was Julia Roberts, the Movie Star, while watching that movie. I liked it, though it was def. flawed.

Santa

So this is where Richard Armitage has been hiding out! I friended him on Facebook a few weeks ago and sent him a message but he hasn’t responded yet.

Well, I do know he’s busy and all but still a brief note – written while sprinting along with the rest of us – was to be expected. Don’t you agree?

Ah, well, off to check my Facebook inbox and then off to do the Saturday leg of my week. Then, yay, I it’s off to write at Starbucks!

Kwana

Thanks for the pics. I needed that today. I want to see Duplicity so bad but don’t know if my back can make it through. I like Julia ok but is it terrible that I wish she were not in the movie and that Clive was not smiling so much? And that it was darker and rated R. That’s how I like my Clive.