What (Not!) To Wear, Part 2:
This Tuesday, Amanda shared some of her thoughts on Dressing For the RWA National Conference. Today I’d like to talk about some of what I saw a few weeks ago in Washington, DC. It was not pretty.
1. Monochrome outfits–head-to-toe (including hat!)–in the same color make you look like a weirdo, not interesting or creative or anything but ‘stay the hell away from me’ bad.
2. Mom jeans are not a good idea unless you plan on doing some gardening. Which I don’t believe was an option during National.
3. White shoes?!?
4. No, I don’t want to see your rack. Or any part of you that isn’t normally on view. Unless your day job is being wrapped around a pole. Thanks.
5. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN GET IT ON DOESN’T MEAN IT FITS.
5a. If your usual size seems snug, there is no shame in going up another size. No-one will know you’ve got on a size 12 instead of a 10. We will all, however, be grateful for your discretion.
6. Just because it DOES fit doesn’t mean it’s age-appropriate. Here’s a tip: If you’re over 21, don’t shop at Forever 21, Mandee’s or Hot Topic.
7. Wear comfy shoes. And if you don’t wear comfy shoes, don’t complain loudly about your pained feet. Honestly? We don’t care.
8. Random zippers were okay back in the ’80s. Not so much now.
9. All kidding aside, most of these observations were limited to a few people. I just like to snark (like you didn’t know that?)
10. What are your fashion pet peeves?