Celebrate!

We’ve survived four years together! The fourth anniversary, according to one source, represents “the blossoming partnership of a couple.” Flowers are the traditional gift for the fourth year, while the contemporary gift is . . . appliances?!?

When we started four years ago, I had no idea we’d still be doing it. Truth be told, I didn’t have any expectations. I just thought it sounded fun, and a place where I could have a different persona than on my own blog (hard to believe, but I am waaaay more neurotic over there). But we’ve blossomed, just like we were supposed to, and I am happy to be part of such excellent company. We are, sad to say, still lacking decent appliances. But that is a minor issue.

(In an intriguing coincidence, my husband and I just celebrated our fourteenth anniversary this week as well. Much fancy cheese was eaten. And I am looking forward to tormenting him for many more years.)

To celebrate our Risky anniversary here, I’ll be giving away a 25 dollar gift certificate to Amazon! All you have to do is enter is say what your ideal celebration is. For example, would you go to Paris and drink champagne in twilight near the Eiffel Tower? Or perhaps hunker down in your living room with a hunk-filled movie? Maybe you’d rather get together with a group of friends and sit outside drinking wine and laughing?

All these sound awesome to me, actually. I don’t know which I’d choose!

So go get us some toasters and join in the party! We’ll choose a random commenter for the winner. And thanks to you guys, our visitors, for making all my ‘what-to-post’ angst worthwhile every Friday.

Megan

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Goedi

what do I win, again?
Congratulations on four happy years together, in harmony and without friction.
You guys always have the most insightful commentary on Italian Serie A soccer.

Megan, first of all congrats on you and your hubby’s fourteen years!! I wish you many more years of happiness and tormenting!

And I for one am SO glad that the Riskies has been here for four years and I hope it remains a web presence for many, many years to come.

Actually those photos you posted are a celebration in and of themselves.

So, I think my ideal celebration might take place on a beautiful tropical island away from it all. There would be a gorgeous luxury hotel with a fabulous view of the ocean and all of the amenities. Scrumptious buffets including every sort of chocolate dessert available. A constant supply of exotic drinks delivered by our cabana boys. Who are these cabana boys?

Well we would have constant luaus with the gentlemen in those photos as our own personal cabana boys and we get to choose their uniforms.

Then perhaps one night we would have a full Regency ball in costume with these same gentlemen as our escorts.

How does that sound for starters?

Goedi, you are a card. We only post on Italian Serie B soccer!

And Louisa, I love your idea. Le sigh. Chocolate and Clive.

Emmanuelle

Happy Anniversary !
I discovered this (nice) place only recently but I love it.
I’m not going anywhere… especially with those gorgeous hunks around *sigh*

Caroline Storer

With the dh away at the moment I have free reign over the DVD collection. So as you’ve whetted my appetite with all those lovely photo’s, I think a massive session of Pride and Prejudice, Sharpe and Josh Hartnett in Pearl Harbour. The only problem….which one to watch first! Take care. Caroline x

K Giardina

Happy Anniversary and many more!

I’m so glad to have found the Risky Regencies, and thanks for sharing the oh-so-attractive gentlemen’s photos with us.

My ideal anniversary celebration would absolutely involve the obligatory champagne and an intime little dinner on the balcony of a Swiss chalet. Any of those gentlemen in your photos would be inspiring dinner companions, or maybe I could hijack the cabana boy idea, only with dinner jackets? lol

Many happy returns to you and to the Riskies!

Happy Fourth anniversary to the Riskies once again!!

Jane Austen

Congratulations Riskies! I’ve enjoyed all the posts and information.

My ideal celebration is simple really: A night eating dinner with my two best friends (and all the Risky people)at the Taj Balti (Indian restaurant) where I will have chicken tikka and get part of my meal paid for by the waiter. Then off to Pemberton’s to have sparkly cake and tea. Both of these lovely places are in Carmarthen, Wales, birthplace of Merlin the Magician. Oh and we completely play the picnic game only with a Regency theme. I’m going on a picnic and I’m going to bring Almacks. Okay, who has a ‘b’?

Katie
Katie

Congrats to the Riskies!! Happy anniversary!

My ideal celebration would take place in Venice. There would be a masquerade ball with plenty of prosecco and chocolate. Afterwards, we would go outside to a terrence and watch a fireworks display. The party would continue into the night with dancing, laughter, and confetti

Linda

I’m such a homebody, my favorite celebration would be to have all the children and grandchildren together at the same time, would be extra special to be out on a pontoon boat in the middle of the lake.
Congratulations on both anniversaries.

Jane George

I’d love to celebrate in a box at Aintree while watching the Grand National steeplechase. (Only no one would fall and the finish would be one for the history books!)

Happy Anniversaries to the Riskies and to Megan and her DH. And now I’m going back to the shadows to continue working like I’m supposed to be doing…

Lorraine

Happy anniversary! My ideal celebration is dinner for two–at the most expensive restaurant in town! Needless to say, I’ve never actually had a celebration like this…

Kathy

Congratulations, Risky’s!!

Bowing humbly…. Thank you so much for posting very fine specimens for our perusal today. Ah, Sharp, Darcy and Darcy, 007, and Clive…. Yes, indeed. A most delectable bunch.

As always you provide great fare here. πŸ™‚

Dinner and movie are a few of my favorite things.

What? No Gerard Butler????

My choice of celebration would be a three week tour of Great Britain!! And unlimited funds to do it in style.

Amanda

Congratulations!!! I found this blog from Megan’s blog and love the posts. I love history, historical fiction, and everything else under the sun that you talk about.

Hmmm…I think my ideal celebration would all depend on who’s there. Sometimes just a simple getaway to some remote cabin for downtime is perfect. But I have to say I’ve always had this dream of living on a vineyard/winery thing and having a large family outside on a big long table drinking wine, eating good food, and celebrating…just like in a movie.

Thanks!

All those celebrations sound lovely (as does lunch under the trees in the vineyard!). Maybe especially the Eiffel Tower…

And if anyone feels the need to send anniversary appliance gifts, I’m in need of a new blender. πŸ™‚

Lois

Yeah to all the anniversaries around! πŸ™‚

My ideal one. . . um, hmm. Well, chocolate in anything is important. Ooh, wait, why didn’t I think of it a minute ago — chocolate floating around me on the Space Station! πŸ™‚ Great view, and you don’t need to blow up the balloons because they can float without it! πŸ™‚

Lois

Razlover's Book Blog

Congrats on your 4th Blog Anniversary!

My ideal celebration would be to visit the tombs of the Valley of the Kings and Valley of the Queens in Egypt and to taste their exotic foods.

Maureen

Congratulations on your four years together with many interesting posts. My favorite celebration involves good food, plenty of wine and my friends and family.

cheryl c

Happy anniversary, Megan, and happy blogiversary to the Riskies!

When my husband and I celebrate a big anniversary, we like to travel somewhere really special. So far, we have gone to San Francisco, New York City, Hawaii, and Alaska. I am voting for a cruise of the Greek Isles next!

Jane

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband, Megan. Happy Anniversary, Riskies. It would be great if I was whisked away to a private island, spending time on the beach and sampling exotic cuisine.

Diane:

I *thought* about Gerard, but I thought I’d leave him to you–AND I forgot Richard Armitage! Just means a “missing hottie” post is in the offing.

Thanks to all for the congratulations!

sandy l

Congratulations on 4 years and 14 years. My best celebration would be a beach and a glass of wine. And maybe some whale sighting.

Amy Kathryn
Amy Kathryn

Happy Anniversary!

My ideal celebration would be friends and family taking up that resort you always see pictured with huts out over the water (maybe Bali somewhere) with lots of seafood, sun, and fruity beverages.

chey

Happy Anniversary!
My ideal celebration is a barbeque with friends and family.

michellewillingham

Congratulations, Riskies! πŸ™‚

My husband and I actually enjoyed an ideal celebration this past August. We were at Victoria & Albert’s restaurant at Walt Disney World while the kids had their own night out at the Neverland club. The dinner started with a champagne toast, and we had wine pairings with a 7-course gourmet meal. It was the best food I’ve ever had in my life, with the best guy. We shared our food and wine, had a romantic dinner, and I received a long-stemmed red rose on the way out. Perfect!

kimmyl

Happy Fourth Anniversary Riskies!!!!
I think I’d like to spend it right here with all you and those gorgeous hunks.

Happy anniversary, Megan and hubby, and may you have many more years of exotic cheese.

My ideal celebration? An entire goof off day filled with Me-Me-Me type stuff with no other responsibilities. And I’d quite like to share it with some other people too.

Patricia Barraclough
Patricia Barraclough

Me, I’d like to be at a log cabin in the mountains. A fire in the wood stove, fall colors outside, crisp col air. My DH and I cozy with a cup of Irish Coffee. Peace and quiet and just the two of us. Works for me!

zh.
zh.

Congrats on four years! That’s an aeon in blog time πŸ™‚

My ideal celebration would be one where I didn’t have to cook, where free babysitting would be provided, and hopefully would involve some chocolate cake. I’m so easy.

robynl

congrats all around on anniversaries.

My ideal celebration would be to go and have a manicure/pedicure and then have dh pick me up and whisk me away to a cabin. There someone would have a BBQ supper ready which we would eat as the sun goes down and then sit out under the stars and roast marshmallows and just RELAX. The supper would be potatoes/onions done in foil, big juicy chicken breasts and a salad or two.

Kwana

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and the to Riskys! Right now my idea of a perfect celebration would be a quiet getaway. Somewhere warm and pretty. Nice wine a good food would be appreciated too.

Tessa McDermid

Congratulations and thank you for all the happy memories and delicious pictures along the way! I’ve loved Regencies since I read my first Georgette Heyer in high school and finding this place was a lovely celebration in itself.

Of course, if I were to celebrate, I would find somewhere with a beach, a setting sun, some seafood, and my hubby beside me. Perfect!

Amy S.

Congrats on the four years! My ideal celebration would be to visit Hawaii and Australia. I have been dying to go to both places.

M.
M.

Yes, kudos on the fourteen years and hopes of torments to come. Well done.

How would I celebrate? Take my husband and our children to our cottage, which has no phone or television, and spend a week hunting frogs, chasing chipmunks, wading for pretty shells and pebbles, doing no housework except for washing dishes, and building a bonfire for toasting marshmallows every night as the sun goes down over the lake.

CrystalGB

My ideal celebration would be a dinner party with family and friends. Good food and good conversation is my idea of a good time.