Risky Read Along

For anyone new to the blog or just serendipitously dropping by, the Riskies are doing a Read Along. Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be reading Georgette Heyer’s Venetia and discussing in the comments. Anyone and everyone is welcome to join. The only requirement is that you read Heyer’s Venetia.

We’ll start reading next Wednesday, March 10 so now’s the time to be picking up the book if you haven’t all ready.

Next week, I’ll post some things to think about as we’re reading. You will NOT be obliged to actually think about these things if you don’t want to.

Venetia has 21 chapters, so if we read 7 chapters a week, we can be done by the end of the month. Let’s start with that as a reading goal.

Don’t stress or drop out if that goal doesn’t work out for you. You can still chat about what parts you have read. You’re not obligated to post big long comments, but of course we will love you if you do just as we will love short comments.

I’m looking forward to learning about people’s opinions, reactions, AND analysis. If you don’t want to analyze, don’t. If you do, that’s awesome!

Don’t forget, we have some prizes available, and if you don’t comment, you have ZERO chance of winning.

About carolyn

Carolyn Jewel was born on a moonless night. That darkness was seared into her soul and she became an award winning and USA Today bestselling author of historical and paranormal romance. She has a very dusty car and a Master’s degree in English that proves useful at the oddest times. An avid fan of fine chocolate, finer heroines, Bollywood films, and heroism in all forms, she has two cats and a dog. Also a son. One of the cats is his.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Woohoo, I’m ready. Book bought and everything…

Jane Austen

I bought it, but had it delivered to my house and I’m staying with my parents’ while my father is in the hospital. Hopefully I’ll get home by Wednesday to start reading.

Carolyn

W00t! I’m really looking forward to this.

Jane: I’m sorry to hear your father’s in the hospital! Best wishes for his speedy recovery. Oh, the downside of print-only! If Venetia were available electronically, you would not have to worry about physical location.

My book arrived in the mail yesterday! But I still have one more RITA book to judge. I don’t know when I’ll ever get back to my Kindle.

JA, I hope your father continues to make good progress.

Sending good thoughts your father’s way, JA.

I have my ragged 1958 copy of Venetia standing by, but I went ahead and ordered a copy from Harlequin. Should be here in the next day or so. I just don’t know if my old copy is up to even one more reading without crumbling around the edges. As I was born in 1958 I know how it feels!

SO excited and looking forward to this!

Amy Kathryn
Amy Kathryn

I’m picking mine up from the library tomorrow. This is going to be such fun…this is my first book by her.

I have to venture into the basement and see if that’s one of the Heyers I have. I bet it is, but the basement and the towering TBR pile scares me.

My Eclectic Reads

I’m so excited! I just checked Venetia out from the library a couple of days ago. Haven’t started it yet, so this is the perfect opportunity to join in! Great idea for the read a long.

Oregon Kimm

Harriet Smart

What a great idea!

I read this years ago and loved it, so it’s definitely time to revist. Have just found the rather dusty old copy (bought 2nd hand for 30p) and it has a horrible cover!
Heyer was always one of my big inspirations as a novelist and I’ll be interested to see what people think.