Pretty Dresses!

Deadline! Deadline! My brain hurts, can’t think. So let’s just look at some pretty dresses. That always makes me feel better. (These are just some random images from my “Fashion” folder. What time periods do you think they are? What are you own favorite historical periods for fashions? If you could have one of these, which would it be?)

And next week I’ll have more to say as I launch the last of my “Muses” trilogy, To Kiss a Count, and give away a copy! And there’s still a few days left to enter my website contest–the trilogy plus a gorgeous Muse pendant from Tartx…

About Amanda McCabe/Laurel McKee

Writer (as Amanda McCabe, Laurel McKee, Amanda Carmack), history geek, yoga enthusiast, pet owner!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

Judy

Gorgeous! The one that made my jaw drop was that black one. How could anyone claim to be in mourning in that? It is fabulous!

Carolyn

OOOH! Pretty dresses. So very pretty. I liked the black one, too, but also that gray one.

Taking notes as I need a party dress.

Amanda McCabe/Laurel McKee

Judy and Carolyn, I love the black one(s) too, but I’m such a sucker for a great black evening dress! So “Madame X.” (The short black one is a Balenciaga from the ’50s and the long, HUGE one is actually a Galliano from the ’90s! When I first saw it I was sure it must be a Dior or something like that from the ’50s)

Kwana

Good luck with your deadline and thanks for the pretty!

The last black dress is to die for, but I’m not a big fan of the other big-skirted, panniered, bustled dresses, even if the fabric is beautiful.

My other favorites are the regency dresses (including Princess Charlotte’s wedding dress) with their elegant silhouettes, and the 1950s cocktail dress.

Jane Austen

I love the red brocade one….I know! I know! A bustle, but really I think of wearing that dress with Colin Hargreaves on my arm (the hero from Tasha Alexander’s wonderful Lady Emily series) and drinking port (shocking!) and taking the Victorian world by storm.

Amanda McCabe/Laurel McKee

I love that red one too! It would be stunning in a Tasha Alexander book. 🙂

And that muslin Regency gown is the wedding gown of Betsy Bonaparte–the caption said it was fine enough to pass through the eye of a needle, but I could find no evidence to back that up, LOL

Jane George

Lovely!

Heather Snow

The third dress is stellar! Love the black one, too, but can’t even begin to think how one would sit in that thing…

librarypat
librarypat

These dresses are so lovely. If I could have one, it would be the Regency dress third from the bottom.
The bead work is wonderful and the Regency style looks more comfortable.
The black dress on the bottom is incredible. I can’t imagine trying to maneuver my way through a room with it on.