Uncategorized

Inspirational Quotes

Megan has resisted the temptation to turn to a life of crime–stealing wi-fi, that is–and asked me to post for her today.

She’s on vacation and I’m not…..I’m just saying…..

For no other reason than I was just reading Today’s Inspiration-Quote of the Day (sent to me from Everyday Health), I decided to randomly look for Inspirational and Motivational Quotes, just to make us feel good. That and the fact that I actively used and still use quotes like this to keep me motivated in the writing life:

The one in my email:
“I have always believed that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value.”
–Hermann Hesse

From http://www.inspirational-quotes.info/dreams.html
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
–Henry David Thoreau

We definitely need a Vince Lombardi quote:
“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
–Vince Lombardi

From: http://www.famous-quotes-and-quotations.com/home.html
“From Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.”
Samuel Johnson

And this one, not because it relates to writing, but because it made me smile.
From the Quotations Page Motivational Quote of the Day:
“Do not employ handsome servants.”
–Chinese Proverb

I’m not saying these are the best inspirational and motivational quotations, but just the ones I found today. Do you have any favorite, “feel good” quotations that motivate you?

Judy

I have pages and pages of quotes I’ve collected, and that’s only this year. I have a notebook full of them, so I’ll share two from this week:

From a guy in TN I heard on the radio: “Life is too short without laughter.”

Vivian Greene: “Life’s not about waiting for storms to pass… It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”

I LOVE the Vivian Greene quote. Love it.

librarypat
librarypat

“My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.” Abraham Lincoln.

I have some others I really like, but they are packed away.

I love that quote, Librarypat! Perfect for a librarian or any book lover.

Kim in Hawaii

Kathryn Falk recently shared her mantra with me which makes a wonderful quote, “Sleep is for the dead.”

But I do like an afternoon nap!

Anonymous
Anonymous

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Kim, if sleep is for the dead, then perhaps a nap is a little piece of heaven!

Anonymous, I love that quote. Ceaseless reasons to laugh!

Susan/DC
Susan/DC

I think this quote from Rainer Maria Rilke is beautiful and perfect for romance novels: “Perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave.”

I also like this quote, which I think is a Chinese proverb: “A bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that brings you roses.”

And this quote from the comedian Buddy Hackett is posted on the wall over my desk at work: “I’ve had a few arguments with people, but I never carry a grudge. You know why? While you’re carrying a grudge, they’re out dancing.”

Lovely quotes, Susan/DC

catslady

Great quotes. I use to have a collection before my computer crashed (sigh). I do like from the movie – pay it forward. I try.

Judy

Susan/DC, I love The Quest, the excerpt from “Letters To A Young Poet” by Rainer Maria Rilke, so well I thought it worth memorizing. Thanks for bringing it to mind; it’s been a long time

catslady, commiserations about losing your quotation collection. Time to start another one.

Judy, why am I not surprised that you memorized that quotation.

This one came today:
“Just don’t give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.”
– Ella Fitzgerald

Jax Playground

This is one of my favorites.

What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
-Richard Bach