Mea Culpa

I have been sick since Thanksgiving. Went to work Tuesday and perhaps should not have. My brain is still partially mush and I am high on Robitussin DM MAX (Because I am NOT kidding around with dang cold. None of that min stuff for me.)  Oh, hey, look!

About carolyn

Carolyn Jewel was born on a moonless night. That darkness was seared into her soul and she became an award winning and USA Today bestselling author of historical and paranormal romance. She has a very dusty car and a Master’s degree in English that proves useful at the oddest times. An avid fan of fine chocolate, finer heroines, Bollywood films, and heroism in all forms, she has two cats and a dog. Also a son. One of the cats is his.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Susanna Fraser

That’s some fine eye candy for a Wednesday morning!

Susanna Fraser

And I hope you feel better soon! I’ve been lucky with avoiding colds so far this winter, but I don’t expect that to last, not with a first-grader in my house and frequent-flying, world-traveling coworkers.

Way to go, Carolyn. Beat that cold with ninjas!! I hope you feel better soon.

Rachel

Carolyn, if you feel up to it, go out and buy some ginger root. Skin the root and cut it up into little quarter size circles. Boil hot water. Put 10 circles of ginger into a thermos. Add hot water. Let it steep for three hours and then drink the whole thing. You’ll feel better.

Susan/DC
Susan/DC

There are many ways in which I wish I could be like Carolyn (writing ability, mainly) and now that I do have something in common it turns out to be the not-so-common cold. I had a lovely Thanksgiving (all my children were in town) but then didn’t do half of what I wanted to do over the long weekend because I was so tired from fighting this virus. Perhaps I’ll try the remedy recommended at another blog today: drink a full cup of blended whisky just before bed. I’m not sure if it will actually kill the virus or if I’ll just be so tipsy I won’t care.

Beth Elliott

The ginger tea boosts immunity and a lazy day or two reclining on your sofa or even in bed is better than struggling out into the cosmic fog of more germs!! A talking book [a nice Georgette Heyer for example]takes you out of yourself and may lead to pleasant dreams.
Get well soon.

Nice inspiration there, Carolyn!

The ginger tea thing sounds good. The talking Georgette Heyer sounds even better. I know there is a talking version of Venetia and one of Sylvester read by Richard Armitage. He can read to me in bed, ANYTIME!

Carolyn

Thanks for all the appreciation of my favorite actor ever: Jet Li.

And for the advice. The ginger thing sounds great.

librarypat
librarypat

take good care of yourself and recover. There is nothing wrong with taking it easy for a few days. You will get much better faster.