Risky Regencies

Happy New Year!

I hope you all enjoyed your New Year’s, whether you got out or like me, did the cocoon thing. My family and I always celebrate by cooking together and trying new recipes. Last night it was shrimp and pancetta over pasta for dinner, with mint chocolate mousse for dessert. Yum!

I feel very grateful for the changes that came in 2010. My husband continues to recover from his stroke and I have found more time to take care of myself. This summer, I started swimming again. I also started going to Buddhist meditation classes. I am not a good meditator—some days my mind is still like that proverbial barrel of monkeys on crack!—but just trying seems to be helpful. My family seem determined not to let me miss any classes… maybe they’re trying to tell me something. 🙂

I am most grateful that I’ve been able to get back to writing this fall. I even finished something! I’ll tell more if it goes somewhere, but even if it doesn’t, it was a blast and helped me feel like a writer again.

So I have no formal resolutions for 2011 other than to continue to take care of everyone (including myself) and to keep writing!

How was your New Year’s celebration? Is there anything about 2010 you are particularly grateful for? Something to look forward to in 2011?

Wishing you all the best in 2011,

Elena

Margay

I’m very grateful for the fact that my older daughter is doing so well in college and my younger daughter had a very successful spinal surgery to correct a severe case of scoliosis. As for what I’m looking forward to in 2011 – better health for my loved ones and publishing a book or two.
Margay

Jane George

Aww, how great that your family nudged you to go to meditation class! Here’s to 2011!

Wishing all the Riskies a very happy new year. Some of my best friends are amongst you. Wish you all much writing success in 2011. (Well, more success for you, more books for me to read.)

Health seems to be the biggest issue. I’m grateful that my daughter’s boyfriend’s mother is recovering from a nearly year long bout of illness. And that my friend’s daughter, a new mother in her 30s, is able to have breast cancer treatment. Hopefully next year I will be thankful for her recovery.

In this next year I am wishing for secure employment for all family members and their significant others. Things are looking up!

Happy New Year and happy writing and reading for all of us!

Margay, I am happy your daughters are doing well.

Diane, I hope your friend’s daughter does well with the cancer treatment. I have several friends who have come through beautifully, the treatment methods seem to be getting better all the time.

Wishing everyone health and happiness in the New Year!

Enid Wilson

Happy New Year! Good to hear about your husband’s recovery, Elena. It’s a great resolution, to take care of yourself and others.

Mine is: 2 new books and 2 holidays this year.

Fire and Cross