Giveaways

Meme Friday

Carolyn here, filling in for Risky Megan. And since Megan starts with M what else can I do but declare this Meme Friday.

Answer or complete the following questions in comments, or at your blog and leave a link to your blog in a comment:

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he _____________.

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover ________________________.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is ___________.

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him?

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they?

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be?

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say?

9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe?

10. How do you take your tea?

I will come back later and add my answers…

Go. Perhaps there will be a prize for a commenter. Yes, I think so!

Jane George

No comments yet? Okay, I’ll play, but don’t put me in for the drawing because I won your last gorgeous prize.

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he remains insensitive to the fact.
2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover your hem is six inches deep in mud.
3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is Forbidden by Jo Beverley.
4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? To recite a tongue-twister.
5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? I rule everything.
6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? Colonel Brandon, Colonel Brandon, and Colonel Brandon.
7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be? Underwear. They haz it.
8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? He covets my grey mare.
9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? 0 That’s what socks are for.
10. How do you take your tea? With TJ’s soy creamer, thanks.

Susan in AZ

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he waggles his eyebrows in a meaningful way.

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover a hole in the toe of my dancing slipper.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is Love Climbs In by Barbara Cartland.

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? What were you thinking to get involved with that wimpy Caroline Lamb?

5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? I must have been caught in a time-travel trap! Yeesh! Now I must befriend the Blacksmith to get myself back home.

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? Perfect skin, perfect dresses, and perfect introductions to all the Lords Handsome.

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be? I would give them all flush toilets.

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say?
Bonjour, ma petite enemie, comment ca va?
9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? A dozen pairs.

10. How do you take your tea? Black, of course, so I keep my svelte figure.

Susan in AZ

Artemis

Hmm…

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he obeys my every command.

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover my broach has come undone.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is far too many to name here.

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? Heck if I know.

5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? Murder and mayhem.

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? Perfect health, unending wealth, love.

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be?
Less clothing.

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? Need bon bons sent ASAP!

9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? Not enough.

10. How do you take your tea? Just as it is served.

I had to give this some thought! What fun!

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he has written me so many billet-doux I scarcely have room to store them!

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and realize the barrel of the little derringer I slipped into my décolletage has chosen this moment to make an unfortunate appearance.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is – good heavens, how can I choose just one? Some that come immediately to mind are The Mysterious Miss M, Claiming the Courtesan, Devil in Winter, Lord of Scoundrels, Pride and Prejudice, Dangerous to Love … see I told you I couldn’t name just one !

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? Where did all of those beautiful verses come from and if he says they just rolled out of his mind onto the page I may have to hit him.

5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? I am a governess to the daughter of a reclusive duke in a monstrously large brooding manor on the Cornwall coast and all sorts of forces are at work to drive me away from him and he refuses to let me go because he is madly in love with me. Will those forces succeed in keeping us apart or will they drive us together into an inferno of passion and love?

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? A handsome duke madly in love with me. A magnificent estate with a country house beyond all country houses and an income of 10,000 a year to take care of it all.

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be? Running hot water upstairs and down so the servants don’t have to schlep buckets of hot water all over the house for bathing. Ease of access to hot water means more people will bathe every day! Definitely desirable!

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? Can you talk to Wellington and the rest of those Brits for me? It’s boring here on Elba and the food is atrocious! I promise to be good!

9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? Always one less pair than I need!

10. How do you take your tea? With a splash of milk and two sugars, of course!

M.
M.

Fun game!
1. …Mr. Darcy is always standing, the better to show impeccable posture and superb tailoring.

2….the host’s cat’s whiskers peeping out from under my petticoats.

3….cannot be named for fear the others will throw jealous fits.

4….what hair products he uses to achieve that artistic windswept effect.

5…the plot involves a secret baby following a marriage of convenience between friends-to- lovers who have secret identities involving espionage which leads to a big misunderstanding with amnesia and the virginal widow foiling the assassination plot of the embittered governess blackmailing the illegitimate heir to four dukedoms before the long-lost identical twin brother reappears. Plus: a frog.

6. The ability to blush (becomingly), pale (fetchingly), and cry (attractively), at will.

7. Almacks. Not one character in any book I’ve ever read actually enjoyed going there.

8. Cherie! Je vous en prie: viens ici tout de suite, pour aider mon pauvre coeur desolee! Avec des croissants, s’il vous plait.

9….always one less pair than I absolutely, positively require.

10…..how I take tea is irrelevant; the modishness of the gown I take it IN, and the elegance of the settee I take in ON, are much more important.

Sheree

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he is my cousin’s favorite Mr. Darcy: Wishbone the dog. Sorry, Colin Firth.

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover the fist-sized emerald from my necklace is now nestled between my breasts.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is “Lords of Scoundrels”.

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? What were you thinking, hanging out in Greece during their fight against the Ottoman Empire?

5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? Apparently, amnesia and a secret baby: wait, that can’t be my son! I don’t recall having one. Yes, you’re awfully handsome and seriously hot, but I can’t just take your word that we’re married and that’s our son. Who are you people?

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? Corsets that don’t bind, good health and teeth, and a handsome earl with no diseases and good teeth.

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be? Hot and cold running water for better sanitation. Good dental care wouldn’t be amiss either.

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? You can’t believe what they’re trying to “feed” me in Elba. I know they’re doing their best but I miss good food (without arsenic in it).

9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? Too many to count but still not enough to match all the gowns I have.

10. How do you take your tea? Black. Good tea does not require sugar or milk.

Susanna Fraser

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he is happy with Lizzy. I like him but would not interfere with their happiness.

2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover my cleavage, because some things are timeless.

3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is…rather than choose between the many wonderful romances I’ll say the Aubrey-Maturin series.

4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? Was it really necessary to be QUITE so dramatic?

5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? I’m a woman disguised as a man to fight in the Peninsular War (somehow disguising the cleavage named in #2). But can I trust that handsome captain with my secret?

6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? A handsome officer to marry, enough money to live on, and a chance to have adventures.

7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be? Princess Charlotte would survive childbirth and live to be queen someday.

8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? “Must I always be the antagonist in these alternative history novels you are writing?”

9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? Not very many, for my feet are large and difficult to fit and I therefore choose multitasking footwear.

10. How do you take your tea? with milk and sugar

1. When I think of Mr. Darcy, he is wearing a wet shirt.
2. Lord Masterful greets YOU at a ball. You look down to see what he’s staring at and discover he’s looking at my diamond necklace and calculating the value.
3. One of my favorite Regency-set novels is The Last Frost Fair by Joy Freeman.
4. If you could meet Lord Byron, what would you ask him? Why did you marry a woman you didn’t love?
5. You wake up and find yourself in a Regency historical novel. What’s the plot? The scullery maid marries the duke.
6. A Regency fairy-godmother grants you three Regency wishes. What are they? Acckk! I can’t think!
7. If you could change ONE fact about the Regency what would it be?
How they regarded Ireland.
8. Napoleon writes you a letter. What does he say? Leave Wellington and come with me.
9. How many exquisite slippers are in your wardrobe? 6 pair. I am not excessive.
10. How do you take your tea?
with tea and nothing else.

Kirsten

This comment has been removed by the author.

My comments will post tomorrow (on Monday) on my blog at http://keirasoleore.blogspot.com.