Regency Poll

I have an exciting, busy week ahead of me. Today I pick up my friend Melissa James from the airport. Melissa is my Australian friend living in Switzerland and is coming for a visit and to attend the Washington Romance Writers Spring Retreat. Tomorrow we are taking a quick trip to New York City so that Melissa can meet with her agent, coming back on Wednesday. Thursday Melissa’s friend Mia Zachary is coming to spend the day with us and we are going to my friend Lisa Dyson’s house to have a critique group, also including Darlene Gardner. Friday to Sunday we go to the Retreat. Next Monday, I take Melissa back to the airport.

Whew!! I’m exhausted just writing this!
So, today, all I have time for is a poll I’ve devised for….no reason at all!
Diane’s Regency Poll
a. Vauxhall Gardens
b. Astley’s Amphitheatre
a. Castlereagh
b. Sidmouth
a. Brighton Pavillion
b. Gretna Green
How many a’s did you score? How many b’s?
The more a’s you have, the more you think like me!
What Regency choices would you create? Add to my poll.
This Thursday at Diane’s Blog, I’ll tell you about my New York trip with Melissa! Next Monday here you’ll hear about the Retreat.

About diane

Diane Gaston is the RITA award-winning author of Historical Romance for Harlequin Historical and Mills and Boon, with books that feature the darker side of the Regency. Formerly a mental health social worker, she is happiest now when deep in the psyches of soldiers, rakes and women who don’t always act like ladies.
This entry was posted in Regency. Bookmark the permalink.

Alyssia

7 a’s, 3 b’s! Oh, how I would have LOVED to spend an evening or two at Vauxhall Gardens.

Ah, on the arm of Wellington, of course.

🙂

Kristine

Alyssia – Back Off!

This is the outside of enough!!!! Do you not agree, Kristine!!!

Barbara Monajem

Do I have to choose? LOL. In some instances, I just can’t. I do prefer Keats to Shelley, though.

Hope you have a fantabulous week, Diane. It sounds so invigorating!

Kristine

I never imagained, Gaston, that you and I would see eye to eye on anything, but yes, enough is enough. Interlopers. Floozies. Nouveau Wellingtonians.

Jane George

This comment has been removed by the author.

Jane George

I removed the previous post because apparently I can’t form a grammatically correct thought devant caffeine.

Anyways, I was mostly a’s except for Astleys. I would love to see the equestrian acts and the birth of of the modern day circus in a ring!

Alyssia

So much hostility, Kristine & Diane! I am just shocked! Can I at least just nab Captain Landon for an evening of Vauxhall’s pretty scenery and awful punch?

Kristine

Alyssia – You may carry on with Captain Landon to your heart’s content, at Vauxhall or elsewhere. It’s your intentions toward the Duke of Wellington that we take exception to. You really do not want to cross Gaston or myself in this, my dear. I myself am still recovering from a crushing injury to my instep inflicted upon me by Gaston at the corner of Hyde Park just last week. Appalling behaviour, but what can one expect from one such as she?

Alyssia

Diane! Have you no sense of propriety?

Mostly a’s too, just divided on the Keats/Shelley, Vauxhall/Astley’s questions. 🙂

Susanna Fraser

7 a’s, 1 b (Gretna Green), and two no strong opinion (Floris vs. Gunter’s and Vauxhall vs. Astley’s).

Beth Elliott

All a’s but as Wellington is already spoken for, I’ll have Napoleon. Without him, how would I devise my plots, anyway?
But I only live down the road from Stratfield Saye, so watch out, ladies, I’m on the hunt….

Beth, Napoleon? Really? There’s no accounting for taste. He is, after all, so French.

Barbara, I shall have a great week. Lisa is already here and we’ve been shopping at the Mall already.

Jane George, of course you would choose a circus!!!

Susanna, who do you intend to run to Gretna Green with?

Elena, just ruminate on those choices. I’m sure you can find your pick.

And, Kristine, forgive that unfortunate slip of my heel onto your instep. It was quite unconsciously done. As for Alyssia, we shall be watching you very carefully….

Susanna Fraser

Well, Diane, I figure while you and Kristine and Alyssia are arguing, I’ll just step into this blue phone box that the nice man with the leather jacket, big ears, and sexy accent just brought by (you never forget your first Doctor, and Nine is mine), and go back to, oh, late 1805 or so (because there’s no point in heading to Gretna Green with a married man) and see what a certain Sir Arthur Wellesley thinks of clever, politically astute time-traveling American ladies…

Jane George

That’s perfect, Susanna. 😀

Susanna! Jane George! Oh, the betrayal. I am desolated. Desolated.

Karen D
Karen D

8 a’s. I cannot agree about Brummel. I have a feeling I would want to slap him if I spent too much time in his presence. However, since he’s not spoken for, I will take my historical crush–Castlereagh–to Vauxhall with me:)

Kristine

“Down the road from Stratfield Saye” !?!!? Some people have ALL the luck . . .