Former Riskies,  Giveaways,  Jane Austen

Will the Fun Never End? More Birthday Fun!

The day job continues to be a day and night job. This is so un-fun I can hardly express it to you. Last night there were emergency pages from 11:45 pm to past midnight. Just when I was hoping I could cut back on the caffeine I’m back to thinking a 6 shot espresso isn’t going to do the job.

This, I am saying to myself, is what it must have been like to be a servant. Doesn’t matter if you’re dead tired, the mistress is ringing and you have to go see what the silly cow wants.

Speaking of employers of servants, did you all see that article about the Skull found in Sir David Attenborough’s garden that solves 1879 Barnes murder mystery? No? Go read that article.

I’ll wait. . . . . . . . . . . . .

While the rest of you are waiting for the stragglers, here’s a picture of another of my Other One True Loves:

Arjun Rampal

So. That story about the skull in Attenburough’s garden.

Ew. Am I right?

OK, I admit this is the worst Birthday Bash Blog ever but I’m sleep deprived, afraid my phone will start buzzing again but damn, NO ONE WILL DEFEAT ME! Bwahahahahahahhahahaha. I win and the week isn’t even over yet and there are 3 more blogs posts yet to be posted. I know I already took down those other chicks. They had fun, non-gross Regency-related blogs.  Plus, I have Arjun Rampal and they don’t. If any of the others work him in, you’re going to know how desperate they are.

Here’s another picture of him so you know just how awesome he is.

More Arjun Rampal

So, leave a comment and I will send one of you commenters something. Like, say, a gift certificate for 1 pound of something from to this web site guaranteed not gross. If you’re in Europe I will give a gift certificate of equal value to something else, probably Amazon or Book Despitory, OK?

Leave a comment in which . . . .

Uh…..

You complete this scenario:

The whole point, people, is to make Carolyn feel better with your answer.

Void where prohibited. Leave a comment by Midnight Pacific Monday, August 8th. Make sure you check the blog to see if you won or else leave me a way to contact you.

Go.

Judy

You’re not feeling better after those pictures? I don’t know what more anyone can do, then. 🙂

Carolyn

Well, yes, actually. The pictures DO make me feel bettter.

Well. I think you totally trumped MY birthday post. Arjun Rapal AND chocolate AND severed heads!!! All this while over-worked, over-caffeinated, and over-tired.

Sigh.

All I have to say is there is a really horrible photo of Rapal on his Wikipedia page….

(hope life gets more fun soon, Carolyn)

Maria

Lol..fun post though I had to look up Arjun Rampal as I haven’t seen any of his films…lol

As far as the sentence-
It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for Arjun, the half Indian son of her mother’s second husband.

junegirl63(at)gmail(dot)com

Virginia

Great post loved the hunky pics. That’s wild about the scull thingy.

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for the Duke who wants to use her for his on special needs.

Kat
Kat

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except Arjun Rampal who is pleading with her to runaway to Gretna Green because he cannot live another night without her.

Carolyn

I love you guys.

CrystalGB

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for the scandalous rake who plans to seduce her.

catslady

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except the man (men) of her dreams!

Sheree

I like Maria’s version. I’m sure you’d be fully awake if Arjun were to call. 😉

I’m still all about John Abraham though, even when he’s a bit smirky like in “Dostana”

Susan in AZ

It’s the middle of the night, and no one rings for Carolyn except for

Arjun Rampal, of course, who is being attacked by hungry Eric and need Carolyn to save his neck.

Na
Na

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for the mysterious man from her past who once rescued her on a dark, lonely night.

I like reunion stories so this is fitting.

Barbara E.

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever pages her or rings for her in the middle of the night except for Arjun Rapal so he can come over with a big box of yummy chocolates.

Artemis

Thank you for sharing your pictures of Arjun. I think it’s a wonderful way to celebrate. But, in the mean time….

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for Sir Leonidas Napolitain, who must partake, once again, of her creamy skin.

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except Arjun Rapal and he wants her to tuck him in. Again!

Carolyn

I AM feeling better! It’s working!!!

Keep it coming, folks.

@Sheree: omg, John Abraham. ::flail:: Did you see my Bollywood hotties post over at ManCandyMonday?

@artemis: How did you know about the creamy skin? It’s eerie how you knew.

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except Arjun Rapal because he’s lost all of his clothes and wants Carolyn to help him look for them. Or not!

librarypat
librarypat

except for the dark, mysterious stranger staying at the family’s estate. He can ring her anytime he wants.
Little does Carolyn know that he is an agent sent by the Ministry of Defense to investigate the rumors being spread about her family’s involvement in a plot to destroy the hard won peace. Old enemies are out to destroy them both.

Better quit, I am falling asleep at the keyboard. Sorry that wasn’t much of a scenario.

Hope you have quiet evenings for the next few days.

Carolyn

@librarypat: The part of the spy is played by Arjun Rampal, right?

catinbody

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except fellow database administrator, Arjun Rampal, who on this night has made a significant breakthrough in their shared research for the Interior Ministry but has a hard drive problem only she can resolve.

girlygirlhoosier52

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for Arjun Rapal who want’s her to chime his bells yet one more time…

Susan/DC
Susan/DC

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings her in the middle of the night except Arjun Rapal to tell her that she has two books on the NYTimes best seller list and her publisher wants to extend her multi-book contract and he’s on his way with chocolate and champagne (and himself, of course) to celebrate.

limecello

Damn – My “It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever pages her rings for her in the middle of the night except for . . . . ” was taken by Louisa Cornell.

How about… Arjun Rapal is going to take you away to his grand estate where you will live in comfort and luxury and never be disturbed in the middle of the night again! … Unless you want to be. 😉

Rosie Hong

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever pages her rings for her in the middle of the night except for Arjun Rapal, the visiting ambassador’s son, who is interested in giving her a late-night foot rub.

Carolyn

May all these scenarios come true…!

Jo's Daughter

Except for Arjun, who accidentily enters her bedchamber & slides between the sheets. When he discovers his mistake & Carolyn is wide awake the have the time of their lives…. Discussing romance & rehearsing potential scene’s for her new book.

Sandy M

LOL terrific, fun post, and glad it’s helping!

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever pages her rings for her in the middle of the night except for Arjun Rampal, needing help to excavate Sir David Attenborough’s backyard for the find of two centuries after a chance encounter with a medium. He’s promised silky chocolate and much, much more….all with a wicked smile.

artfuldesigns

on that one occasion where her great auntie Beatrice was ill and she rang and rang and none of the servants came so Carolyn went to see what her dear auntie needed. But being so very tired,it was the middle of the night after all. She ended up in the wrong room and when she bent over what she thought was auntie Bea a muscular arm wrapped around her and pulled her into the bed. He said I’ve been wanting to do this for so long and now you’re here……

ChrisS

Lord Arjun is not ringing because he is in the shadows sneaking in through your bedroom window to bring you an extra special birthday surprise! It’s not chocolate but he is yummy…

While you are waiting for him, I would like to wish you a very Happy birthday!

rjofus(at)gmail(dot)com

Zai Abd Rahman

Oh Arjun Rampal, one of my favorite Bollywood actor. Hope you system is no more giving you headache.

Maureen

It is 1815 and Carolyn is NOT a servant and no one ever rings for her in the middle of the night except for her most wonderful dreams.

Bridget Locke

It is 1815 & Carolyn is NOT a servant & no one calls her in the middle of the night, except when a severed head is found in the duke’s garden.

Sorry if this came thru twice. Having issues w/ my phone & internet working together. 😛

Robin

Okay, this has to be one of the best phrases ever uttered in English:

“The skull currently remains in situ”

It’s going to be my personal tag line for the week, apropos of nothing.