News!

Sorry I haven’t been around much the past week or so. My excuse is I’ve been busy with some exciting projects and I’ll do better now that I’m past the hump!

I finished formatting the e-book version of LADY DEARING’S MASQUERADE. It took longer than I expected, but now that I have a detailed cheat sheet it should be much easier for my other backlist books.

Anyway, LADY DEARING’S MASQUERADE is now available for Kindle, Nook and other e-readers at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords!

I also just did some major renovation on my author website at www.elenagreene.com. I’ve made it more elegant (IMHO) and I also cleaned up the HTML so it is no longer “deprecated.” If you do not know what it means for HTML to be deprecated, don’t worry. I barely know either!

I’ve also brought myself into the current century by getting myself a Facebook Page, which also was more complicated than I expected. Maybe I should’ve gotten a teenager to help me! If you get a chance, please stop by and visit.

Have you risen to any recent challenges, technical or otherwise?

And look to a contest next Saturday, once I figure out how to do that with e-books. Right now I need to go find some celebratory chocolate. 🙂

Elena

About Elena Greene

Elena Greene grew up reading anything she could lay her hands on, including her mother's Georgette Heyer novels. She also enjoyed writing but decided to pursue a more practical career in software engineering. Fate intervened when she was sent on a three year international assignment to England, where she was inspired to start writing romances set in the Regency. Her books have won the National Readers' Choice Award, the Desert Rose Golden Quill and the Colorado Romance Writers' Award of Excellence. Her Super Regency, LADY DEARING'S MASQUERADE, won RT Book Club's award for Best Regency Romance of 2005 and made the Kindle Top 100 list in 2011. When not writing, Elena enjoys swimming, cooking, meditation, playing the piano, volunteer work and craft projects. She lives in upstate New York with her two daughters and more yarn, wire and beads than she would like to admit.
This entry was posted in Jane Austen and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Susan in AZ

Congratulations on your victory over technology! I worked in the high-tech field for 20 years, but still find it somewhat intimidating… Must eat chocolate now…

Judy

Excellent way to celebrate, and you definitely deserve it. The website looks very clean and easy to navigate, and the FB page matches nicely.

I learned how to add a meter to my writing blog, for keeping track of how close my book is to done. I also learned how to add pages. I still need to learn how to do that ebook think you’ve done. Good for you!

Maria

Congratulations on your ebook release! It looks great

Love the website redu and liked the Facebook page ….and yeah..sometimes I have to ask for help with technology…lol

gorgeous cover, Elena!!!! I bought my copy! Website looks nice and Facebook is already hopping.

librarypat
librarypat

You have been busy and definitely deserve a celebration.
As for the e-books, like so many things, the first time you try to figure it out and do it seems to take forever. After that it goes much faster.

I avoid technical challenges. I usually get the basics- I can turn on my computer, access e-mail, surf the web, and type papers. If there is a glitch, I’m in trouble. I’ll call my oldest daughter for help. My other two children and husband know less than I do about computers.
I know there is much more my computer, phone, and TV can do, but I don’t know how to do it. If I ever do get an e-reader, I’ll have to lock myself in a room with no distractions to learn how to use it. Even then, I am sure I will underutilize it.

Good luck with all your new and improved projects.

Thanks for checking out my new “spaces”, everyone. I’m glad you like them. The Facebook page is still something of a work in progress, as I figure out what I can do with it!

Congratulations on conquering the electronic frontier! I can barely manage my computer so I am in awe!

And that cover is GORGEOUS! Off to check out your webspaces!

Chocolate is definitely in order!

Artie Mesia

As for new technology I think I’m going to have to get a Twitter account. Not because I’m going to Tweet, but because I want to have access to this website: http://kindlegraph.com/books

Elena, maybe you should see if you can be one of the authors. I’d ask for a Kindlegraph.

Artie Mesia, it’s on my list to go look into Kindlegraph.

By the way, if any of you have suggestions for the website or Facebook, please do let me know.