Former Riskies

Holiday Wishes from Risky Carolyn

To all our wonderful Risky Readers out there, Happy Holidays from Risky Carolyn!

Half Dome, Apple Orchard, Yosemite, California, April 1933

Half Dome, Apple Orchard, Yosemite, California, April 1933

I wish all of you a wonderful holiday season. However, I caution you to stay Risky. Life is better that way.

What are your plans for the holidays? Me? I have a book due. I will be writing.

About the Picture

Original Caption: Trees with snow on branches, “Half Dome, Apple Orchard, Yosemite,” California. April 1933.
U.S. National Archives’ Local Identifier: NWDNS-79-AA-U01
From: Series: Ansel Adams Photographs of National Parks and Monuments, compiled 1941 – 1942, documenting the period ca. 1933 – 1942 (Record Group 79)
Created by: Department of the Interior. National Park Service. Branch of Still and Motion Pictures.
Production Date: 1933

Photographer: Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984

librarypat
librarypat

Beautiful. I miss the winter weather I grew up with in the north. The beauty of it cannot be matched.

I hope your Holiday Season is wonderful.

Wow. Ansel Adams was an amazing photographer, wasn’t he?

Thanks for sharing the beauty of winter while we are all just rushing around (except me. I have a cold. poor poor me!)

I will NOT be writing–I will wish I were, since I will be at my in-laws; house.

Beth Elliott

The serenity in that picture is appealing, even though I dislike cold and snow.
I’ll be writing as well, Carolyn. Sometimes, when I come back from 1811 or whenever, it feels as if I’ve been away on holiday – that’s on the good days.

Happy Christmas – you’ll surely have time for a bit of mid-winter festivity.

Beautiful pic. I’ll be writing too!

Carolyn

Thanks for the lovely holiday wishes and for sharing your plans, writing or not.

I was surprised there are Ansel Adam’s photos in the public domain and so easily available on Flickr, too. I suppose I should have known since in the 1930’s many soon-to-be-famous artists were hired to do government work….