Oops. It’s Wednesday

Oh, dear. I had Monday off and just realized that yesterday was Tuesday which makes today Wednesday, not Tuesday.

Ahem.

I am preparing a post on crystalizing stuff per instructions from 1807, which I guess I will debut NEXT Wednesday. As a teaser, the process clearly works, but requires refinement. I have some pictures and, I just realized, a jar of alum sludge in the pantry that by now must be a god awful mess, since I was only supposed to leave the item in there for 24 hours and now it’s been days. Uh-oh.

I think my pictures should be sufficiently disgusting that you guys should calendar the Wednesday post next week. You won’t want to miss it.

My historical, Not Proper Enough, is done and turned into my publisher. But not before discovering that I had written TWO marriage scenes. Yes. My hero and heroine got married twice. I thought I’d deleted one of them but didn’t!

So, how’s the New Year been for you so far?

About carolyn

Carolyn Jewel was born on a moonless night. That darkness was seared into her soul and she became an award winning and USA Today bestselling author of historical and paranormal romance. She has a very dusty car and a Master’s degree in English that proves useful at the oddest times. An avid fan of fine chocolate, finer heroines, Bollywood films, and heroism in all forms, she has two cats and a dog. Also a son. One of the cats is his.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Oops. It’s Wednesday

1. Karenmc says:

As long as the jar in the pantry doesn’t explode, I think you’re doing okay.

Excited about your next book, even if you had left both weddings in.

My new year week has been busy, what with five days of work to be done in four days. Deadlines, even if just for grocery ads, not only wait for no one, they actually have early release dates.

2. Diane Gaston says:

Oh, I can hardly wait for next week. Way to create tension!

Two weddings???? That’s pretty funny. Not as funny as the wrong date for Waterloo getting published in a book edited in England (I’m just saying), but pretty funny!!!

3. librarypat says:

Congratulations on finishing your book. Good thing you caught the multiple wedding scenes. I wonder what your publisher would have thought?

I look forward to next week’s post, disgusting pictures and all.

So far this year I haven’t kept any of my resolutions. I seem to be breaking them at record speed. We are busy and scattered. We are doing too much traveling (never thought I would say that). Gone for a week over Thanksgiving, home 3 weeks, gone the week before Christmas, home 2 1/2 weeks then gone for a little over 2 weeks. We barely get unpacked and caught up before it is time to leave again. Not a good atmosphere to try and reform behavior. I think I will consider February the beginning of a new year.

4. Carolyn says:

It’s busy for everyone this year and it already feels old. Why is that?

Karenmc: Thanks! The next book is actually Not Wicked Enough (February 2012!!) Not Proper Enough – the one wedding version should be Sep 2012.

Librarypat: I think my editor would have laughed at me and then had a “stupid author” story to tell at the next editorial meeting. And I would have deserved it, too.

Sheesh.

5. Carolyn says:

Oh, and I’m going to amp up the tension and tell you all the the crystalization projection was pretty much an epic failure with a couple of bright spots.

Pictures next Wednesday!

6. Elena Greene says:

LOL on the two marriages. I once wrote a scene in which a gun mysteriously got from the hero’s hand to a villain’s. Luckily a critique partner caught that.

Looking forward to next week’s post!

7. Carolyn says:

LOL, Elena!

Thank goodness for sharp eyes from authors, crit partners, Beta Readers, editors, copy-editors and proofreaders!!

Comments are closed.