Uncategorized

Off topic, but gorgeous men…

It’s been a rough week between a sick child, a printer breakdown, plumbing and insurance issues. Feeling tired, drained and uninspired, I couldn’t even draft a post until I thought about happier days—that is, this past Super Bowl Sunday.

My husband was delighted with the Giants’ win, but my daughters and I enjoyed the evening in our own way. We watched the first part of The Lord of the Rings, since my youngest just finished the book.

I was struck again by how many gorgeous men are in LOTR.

There are the Hot Men: Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen), Boromir (Sean Bean) and his brother Faramir (David Wenham, who joked that he got the part because both he and Sean Bean have big noses), and Eomer (Karl Urban).

Then you’ve got the Hot Elves: Legolas (Orlando Bloom), Elrond (Hugo Weaving) and Celeborn (Marton Csokas).

And finally, perhaps a bit old and a bit short respectively, but still attractive in their own way: the Hot Wizard, Gandalf (Ian McKellan), and the Hot Hobbit, Frodo (Elijah Wood).

I’m feeling better now. So I hope I’m forgiven for going a bit off topic from the Regency!

Are any of you Lord of the Rings fans? Who’s your favorite guy from the series? Have I missed any?

Elena

www.elenagreene.com
www.facebook.com/ElenaGreene

marybelle

I am a massive fan, love the books & movies. Aragorn is my favorite, but I wouldn’t shut the door on a few others.

Beth Elliott

What a lovely way to forget the snow and ice outside and the chill even inside. I love them all but Sean Bean is ever and always my favourite. Thank you for raising my temperature.
Hope you get all your problems resolved soon.

Pippin’s cute too! Maybe not hot exactly, but cute.

I named my cat Pippin. He’s cute too. And he’s pretty fluffy, so in the summer, I guess he’s kind of hot.

Marybelle, I’m with you on Aragorn but yeah, the others are pretty fantastic too. Beth, Boromir’s death scene was so powerful, I almost couldn’t watch.

Cara, LOL on Pippin!

I’m not drawn to the blond men, myself, but that’s an impressive group.

Judy

Ladyhawk Baggins is my LOTR fan club board name, for the past 12 years. Yep, I love it! I write LOTR fanfiction, though not so much anymore since I’m a bit busy with my romance novels. Frodo is my all time favorite. Having said so, I confess I have the gorgeous black and white of Boromir hanging on my wall. One of my dear friends has been a huge Boromir fan her whole life, and she’s also a Sean Bean fan from Sharpe. She helped me see the honor in Boromir, so he’s on my list of Knights in Shining Armor, or tarnished, as the case may be, but still heroic. I think the topic is quite appropriate. 🙂 Inspiration!

librarypat
librarypat

Now I know why I liked these movies so much. I knew I liked the actors, but have never seen them assembled all in one place. Aragorn and Legolas were my favorites, but to paraphrase marybelle “who would close the door on any of them?”

Thanks for the picture set. It brightened my day/night.