Anything but writing,  Former Riskies,  Research

Happy New Year! Guess What I DID!!!?!

OK, you’ll never guess. I began Operation New (to me) Desk!

The new desk is a standing/treadmill desk with no drawers so … problem, right? Because where do I put the stuff I did not discard?

Answer: In the file cabinet that arrived today — well ahead of schedule. My printer is on it right now!

Phase Three will be putting stuff in the drawers and deciding what to do with the left overs…

There is a Phase 3.5 now because I discovered my 20+ year old chair is no longer able to be height adjusted and it’s not the right height any more.

Phase 3.6 is installing the keyboard tray.

I even have writing news. Which is I have officially started Book 3 of my Sinclair Sisters Series and have some research to do, which will be the subject of future posts, I’m sure.

How about you? Do you have any successes to report? Or challenges underway? Let me know in the comments. We can cheer each other on!

ki pha
ki pha

Woohoo!!! I finally put together and set up my long awaited and much needed bookshelf!!! Congrats to both of us!

Carolyn jewel

High five. That is awesome!!

SonomaLass

High fives all around!

I got Christmas put away, and I cleared off several places that had just become dumping points for clutter. Next step is to clean my home office.

Sandra Schwab

Woohoo to the new desk! And you’ve reminded me that I need a new chair too (I got my current chair from my grandparents when they bought a new desk chair, and there’s a good chance this chair is well over 20 years old. And it shows. Like, its little wheels are no longer… eh… round.)

Project Life After Academia is coming along nicely. I still need to put together an application for the job center for a special freelancers’ benefit program, which I’m slightly stressing over at the moment. But there are already a number of people who have expressed interest in my services, so I’m cautiously hopeful I’ll be able to pull this off. 🙂

Carolyn jewel

Super congrats sandy!!! You’ll do great in your freelancing. Who hoo!!!

Admin

Congrats on the office makeover and plans for the next book, Carolyn! I’m making good progress on getting out of my current writing and publishing drought and making plans to attend the RWA conference in San Diego. Much to look forward to this year!

trackback

[…] Happy New Year! Guess What I DID!!!?! OK, you’ll never guess. I began Operation New (to me) Desk! This project entailed cleaning, discarding, and organizing. Three things I’m not good at. Phase One is complete. The old desk is out. The new desk is in. The new … Continue reading → […]

Emi
Emi

My dream kitchen would be white, white, white with spaehsls of grey (particularly in my fabulous marble countertops!). However, I will have to keep dreaming because our home has oak (or maple?) kitchen cabinets and EVERYONE has advised me against painting them because of the resale value. We will be reselling in three years or so… my dream kitchen will just have to wait!