Imagine my shock and horror when I realized we haven’t had a LOLRegencies contest in two years!
LOLRegencies? Yes, indeed. As your friendly Thursday blogger this means that I am destined to blog on Thanksgiving Day, and relating that to the Regency is a bit limited. Yes, they had turkeys in England. Yes, they were interested in Turkey. And yes, it’s around the time of George Eliot’s birthday usually, but I’ve talked about all of those. So in 2008 I held a contest and on the right is the picture that started it all, Lord Elgin on a collection rampage in Europe.
Our winner was Maggie, who produced this little beauty (one of a number of little beauties):
You can view Maggie’s other masterpieces and the entries here.
So how does it work?
- See icanhazcheeseburger.com for the LOLcats (and other animals) cultural phenomenon.
- Find a Regency print online (hopefully one without copyright) and caption it and send it to riskiesATyahoo.com by Monday, November 22 with LOL Regencies in the subject line.
- Use a low-res jpg and don’t make your entry too big–the Elgin one, for example, is 245px x 300px. If it’s too huge and I shrink it down the caption will shrink down also.
- Mention how you would like your name to appear with your entry.
- You can caption a picture using Paint as well as more complicated programs like photoshop.
And the prizes: I have a truckload of Georgette Heyer books to give away, so I’m offering two Heyer Grab Bags. Most of the books are new, a couple are slightly used.
Obligatory self promotion: I’m signing at Borders, Annapolis this Sunday, November 6, 2-4 pm. Come and say hello and buy books. My buddies Kathy Love, Christie Kelley, Stephanie Draven, and Robin Kaye will be signing too so there’s something for everyone!
Oh, goody! LOL Regency is back!!!
I just sent my entry in…how exciting. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with since last time they were so great.
Oh what fun. I’m milling over a dozen possibilities in my head even as I type.
Thanks for remembering to hold this contest again.
I feel I peaked with my original entries, but this is too much fun not to try again. 🙂
Happy Thanksgiving, Riskies!